Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The New Year has arrived but it seems the Old Year and its drama have yet to leave. Wonder who forgot to put the memo out on that and tell the Old Year to vamoose?

Yes, there are some personal things that are still grinding on, but the larger picture shows that the political circus is still raging. The new Prez is signing papers left and right, making changes to a multitude of things: health care, immigration and I can't keep up with what all. I have noticed that he does that thing that many politicians do where they use a number of pens just to sign their name. Is it one pen per letter? And why is that....oh wait, those become souvenir pens....I get it! Wonder if there is a kickback on that deal?

Every night on the news there is some such about what he did that day and how some group(s) are protesting and upset. I am beginning to wonder if he will ever have a day where the news will tell of him doing something that everyone agrees on....only time will tell.

The New Year is supposed to be a time of new beginnings and of hopefully good things. In my world I am not seeing much of it. I am a bit of an optimist and hope that things will start in a good and positive direction. The sooner the better. In the meantime I figure I can just watch as the world turns (anyone remember that soap opera?)

No comments:

Post a Comment